Mission & Policies
We strive to be a hospital that can provide medical care to the satisfaction of both patient and medical professionals.
- Construct medical systems for a large-scale collaboration with other facilities
- Promote research activities for highly-advanced medical care
- Train and develop medical professionals for holistic medicine
- Improve systems for transitional care from children to senior adults
- Promote globalization
Kyushu University Hospital received third party evaluation from the Japan Council for Quality Health Care in accordance with their Hospital Accreditation Standards Hospital Type3 3rdG Version 2.0 in October 2018 and was accredited as of April 5 2019.
- Your rights and dignity as an individual shall be respected.
- You have the right to receive equally adequate and quality medical care.
- You have the right to receive adequate explanation until you have reached sufficient understanding of your health conditions and medical care.
- Once the explanation has been given to you, you have the right to select and decide your medical care in accordance with your free will.
- If you wish to seek a second opinion about your diagnosis or treatment, you have the right to use a Second-Opinion System.
- You have the right to obtain information about your own medical records.
- You have the right to respect of privacy and protection of personal information.
- If there are any changes in your health condition please do not hesitate to tell us as soon as possible.
- Only agree to undergo medical intervention such as tests or treatment once you have sufficiently understood them.
- In order to ensure that all patients can receive proper treatment, please respect the privacy and comfort of other patients.
- Please adhere to social rules, hospital regulations, and instructions of hospital staff.
- Smoking is prohibited within the entire grounds of the Hospital Zone. Please do not smoke in any location.
- Please handle equipment and property of the hospital with care.
- Acts of violence and abusive language against other patients and hospital staff are prohibited.
- Please pay the medical bill for the received medical care without delay.
- This hospital is an educational and research hospital which conducts research to develop new methods for diagnosis and treatment as well as provide training to medical specialists.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.